I created my final image for the cover using a stencilled screen print. I like how bright the colours turned out as previously when I have used opaque ink to print with the colour has been slightly off.
After scanning the print I fixed some of the imperfections; i.e. the dark areas around the nose and the misprint around the neck, and cropped the image to the correct size.
I inserted the text that I had hand drawn and also scanned and positioned it in place.
When I printed this on the Xerox printer the blue was too dark and the spine text was unreadable. To fix this I have added a glow around the text itself and have altered the blue to a more of a dark turquoise which made the text more legible.